PERMITTED USES OF THE Website (FREE LICENSE):
Home-schooling parents MAY COPY any part of the site and include it in their lessons plans or materials given to their children or distributed as their contributions to non-profit cooperatives of home-schooling parents.
Anyone may access and read the site.
No one may post TWM materials on any website available to the general public without specific written permission of TWM.
In each case that more than one paragraph of TWM materials are copied, the materials copied are to be attributed to TeachWithMovies.org. This is a revocable, limited, non-exclusive and non-transferrable license.
All other use of TeachWithMovies.org and of any curriculum materials on the Website, including without limitation use for any commercial purpose and use by any corporation, partnership, LLC, LLP, or other entity requires a specific written license from TWM. For permissions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The content of TWM may not be used in any way that is unlawful or harmful to any other person or entity.
No User may employ the Website content in a manner that suggests that TWM or TeachWithMovies.org promotes or endorses any websites, products or services, except that the exact statements on the Website concerning the use of any movie in education or concerning the careful, limited and appropriate use of movies in education may be quoted or used.
All claims of copyright infringement should be in writing and should be directed by certified mail, return receipt requested, to TWM's designated agent below:
James A. Frieden, Executive Director
1717 Fourth Street, Third Floor
Santa Monica, CA 90401
The notice of the claim of infringement sent to TWM should include the following information:
1. A physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of any exclusive right that is allegedly being infringed.
14. Blog Posts All posts on the TWM Blog are the personal opinions and observations of the author of the blog and do not represent the position of TWM.
15. User Materials Contributed Through the community features of the Website, Users may submit to TWM lesson plans, comments, messages, text, photos, images and other curriculum materials ("User Materials"). User agrees to post only text, photographs or images of items that User personally owns or may license to TWM and which were not acquired through copyright infringement, theft or other unlawful means. User acknowledges that User Materials may be routed through TWM's servers, the servers of one or more third parties on TWM's behalf and the Internet and may be viewed by TWM staff and on the Website by TWM users and by the general public. TWM reserves the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit User Materials at any time and for any reason or no reason in its absolute and sole discretion without prior notice. If TWM elects to screen User Materials, there may be a delay in the posting of such content to allow for a review process. If TWM has questions about User Materials, TWM retains the right, but not the duty, to contact the contributing User for further information, including, for example, to verify that User owns the copyright or otherwise has the rights to post the User Materials.
User retains the copyright and other ownership rights in any User Materials that User submits on or through the Website. However, by submitting User Materials on or through the Website, User is agreeing that the information and images submitted may be used by TWM and may be published on the Website and/or in all other mediums. By submitting User Materials, User hereby grants to TWM, its successors, assignees, affiliates, and their respective licensees, a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, transferable license to use, copy, display, sublicense, reproduce, edit, modify, and/or adapt those User Materials in any and all media formats or channels, whether now known or hereafter devised, throughout the Universe and for any purpose including, but not limited to the Website, its linked pages, applications and services, applications and services, over the air (on all forms of radio or television), print publications, and other applications and services later devised, without payment and without further consent or notice to User and without attribution to User. User further grants to TWM and its licensees the right to contact User in connection with his or her User Materials and, in TWM's discretion, to use or not to use User's name, city and state and other information that User has provided in connection with the User Materials. In addition, User grants each other user of the Website the same rights as TWM granted or licensed to such other Users with respect to the use of User Materials.
By submitting any content, photo, information, or other other User Materials to TWM, User represents that the submitted content, photo, information, or other other User Materials does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and that User has the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to TWM with respect thereto. User understands and intends that any content, photo, information, or other other User Materials submitted by User to TWM may be available for viewing, rating, review and comment on by the public, and understands that comments or ratings with which User disagrees or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with content, photo, information, or other other User Materials that User submits to the Website.
16. International Users Users who are accessing the Website from a location outside the United States are responsible for compliance with applicable laws, including local laws regarding online conduct and content, and U.S. export laws and regulations
17. Spam Policy User understands and agrees that sending unsolicited email advertisements or posting unsolicited advertisements in the comments or through the Website's computer systems in any way is expressly prohibited by these terms. Any unauthorized use of TWM's computer systems is a violation of these Terms, as well as certain federal and state laws, including, without limitation, the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030 et seq.), Section 502 of the California Penal Code and Section 17538.45 of the California Business and Professions Code. Such violations may subject the sender and his or her agents to civil and criminal penalties.
19. Content (Restrictions on Use) User agrees that he or she will not:
• modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Website or its content (other than your own added content), except as expressly authorized by TWM;
• reverse engineer any portion of the Website, except as may be permitted under the law;
• remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice on the Website or on any materials printed or copied off of the Website;
• use any spider, site search/retrieval application, robot or other automated device or process with the exception of RSS feeds;
• take any action that (i) imposes or may impose, in TWM's sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on TWM's servers, or infrastructure;
Solely as examples, and not in any way limited to the following examples, User agrees not to use the Website or services available on the Website:
• To post or transmit any content that is infringing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party, or content that is degrading, intimidating, or hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability;
• For any illegal or unauthorized purpose or to use or access the Website in any manner that violates any laws in User's jurisdiction;
• To post or transmit any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any person;
• To create or submit unwanted email or communications to any other person; and
• To submit links to or comments soliciting on behalf of multi-level marketing schemes (so-called pyramid schemes).
21. TWM Forums If TWM sponsors a forum or joint discussion of any matter, the following rules apply.
TWM welcomes those who are interested in eduction.
Not allowed are:
- Profanity, sexual content, promoting illegal activities, etc.
- Users under 18 years of age
- Posting private contact information (address/phone/e-mail/etc) of others
- Posting advertisements not sold by TWM
- Use descriptive thread titles
- Please Report any violations
- Do not discuss private correspondence publicly (e-mail, etc) without permission from all parties involved.
MISCELLANEOUS AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROVISIONS
23. If any portion of these Terms and Conditions is unenforceable for any reason, the remainder shall remain in full force and effect as much as possible.
26. Unless otherwise specified herein, all notices to any User pursuant to this Agreement shall be posted to the URL for Terms and Conditions or at TWM's option may be emailed to the User. All notice to TWM may be to TeachWithMovies.com, Inc., 1717 Fourth Street, Third Floor, Santa Monica, CA 90401 or such other address as TWM may notify User. Notice to TWM Users shall be posted on this page or on the home page.
29. Except to the extent applicable law may provide otherwise, this Agreement is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. Jurisdiction of any litigation relating in any manner to the Website or to the use thereof will be in the courts of the State of California, Los Angeles County. Venue shall be in the West District (Santa Monica) of that Court. Last updated June 29, 2015.